Sunday, 17 February 2013
Cheese & Potato Pie
Cheese & Potato Pie - proper comfort food but traditionally full of high fat goodies. Well fear not here is a Slimming World friendly version that is just as tasty.
Potatoes peeled and chopped into chunks ready for boiling
One onion finely diced
Pot of Fat free cottage Cheese
1 Egg whisked
Handful of frozen peas
Lean Ham/cooked bacon etc.
1. Boil potatoes and onions in pan of water until potatoes soft.
2. Mash potatoes and onions until creamy
3. Add Whisked Egg and cottage cheese (double check for syns) and mix well
4. Season mix well. Add chopped ham & peas & stir gently to combine ingredients.
5. Transfer mixture to an oven proof dish and top with cheese (use Healthy Extra A allowance or syns) Top with sliced tomatoes and herbs
6. Bake in a medium oven for aprox 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and pie is heated through.
7. Serve with salad for a super free boost or and baked beans for a super speedy boost :)
Great Wyrley Slimming World
Find us at Wyrley Juniors FC, Long Lane, Newtown, WS6 6AT
Every Tuesday 9.30am, 5.30pm & 7.30pm