Have your cake & eat it!
PLEASE BE AWARE THIS IS AN OLD RECIPE AND SLIMMING WORLD NOW SUGGEST TO PROTECT YOUR WEIGHT LOSS THIS CAKE SHOULD BE SYNNED AS A REGULAR SPONGE CAKE.
I love cake, I cant get away from it. I just love it - chocolate, lemon, jam sponge Oh I dont care I just love cake and I cant go without it! And I think Ive found the perfect Slimming World friendly 'real' cake to satisfy my craving!
Ingredients:2 Eggs whisked
2/3 Tbsp Sweetner
28g Self raising Flour
Couple drops of flavouring i.e. vanilla essence, strawberry, almond etc.
Tsp Baking powder
Half pot of quark with added sweetner to taste and optional colouring and flavouring. I used red colouring and strawberry flavouring
50g icing sugar
1. Add eggs, sweetner & flavouring to a bowl and using an electric whisk, wizz up until doubled or more in size.
2. Fold in flour and baking powder and mix well. Pour into a small baking tray. I use an appox 12x8 size.
3. Bake in a medium/hot oven for 8 minutes and then check. If it looks like this its done otherwise bake for a couple more minutes.
4. Divide in 2 and sandwich with the quark mixture.
5. Mix icing sugar with a little water to make a smooth icing and spread over the top. Slice into squares and enjoy! Store in fridge and use within couple of days.
Whole cake is 14 syns. You can deduct a mega 9 syns if you dont have the icing on the top!